About Our Company
Metro Tech is an established national HVAC service company with state of the art technology and a commitment to the highest level of integrity and quality. Metro Tech’s primary consideration at all times is the safety of its employees.
We are currently looking for a Field Service Technician that will be responsible for PMs, troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing commercial HVAC systems (up to 20 tons), controls, chilled water systems, boilers, variable volume air systems, and DDC controls at our retail customer locations.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- PM, troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair HVAC systems.
- Install, fabricate and/or connect compressors, condensers, evaporators, motors, expansion/discharge valves, temperature/humidity controls, fans, control panels, switches, fuses, filters, gauges, ducts, piping, tubing, environmental controls, and related components. Complete power connections.
- Complete work in a SAFE, timely, neat, and professional manner.
- Maintain and be accountable for inventories, requisitions, materials and supplies needed for each job.
- Must be professional, courteous, and respectful to customers as well as fellow employees.
- Communicate effectively with customers, manager, and dispatchers.
- Five years of commercial HVAC (or related military) experience.
- EPA certification.
- Very solid electrical and mechanical skills.
- Strong communication skills and commitment to follow all customer work rules.
- Professional personal appearance and strong computer and internet skills.
- 100% dedication to working safely, working hard, being on time, and staying organized.
- The physical ability to safely lift 50+ pounds occasionally and climb extension ladders frequently.
- Must agree to post-offer, pre-hire: drug screening, background check, and motor vehicle record search, where permitted by law. Criminal record or driving violations will not be cause for automatic application rejection.
What we offer:
- Competitive hourly salary*
- Yearly Increases
- Overtime pay*
- 45+ hour work week*
- Company vehicle*
- Smartphone monthly reimbursement
- I Pad Tablet provided
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Long- and short-term disability
- Life insurance
- 401(k) with company matching
- Excellent ongoing training and development programs
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Growth opportunities
- Referral Bonus